Healthy Mouth Tips
Our top tips to help maintain a healthy mouth.
- Brush your teeth for 2 minutes twice a day with a pea size amount of fluoride toothpaste. Use a small-medium sized brush with medium bristles.
- Spit out any excess toothpaste at the end of brushing. Do not rinse your mouth with water/mouthwash afterwards.
- Limit sugary foods and drinks to mealtimes only.
- Visit your dentist at least once a year and every 6 months for children.
- When drinking sugary drinks the use of a straw will reduce the risk of dental erosion.
- Wait for at least one hour after eating or drinking to brush your teeth.
- Chewing sugar free chewing gum after a meal helps to stimulate saliva and neutralise plaque acid.