Extra cleaning and more time between appointments
Because dental procedures produce aerosols (saliva droplets spread through the air) we need to take extra precautions to keep our patients and dental team safe. This includes extra time between appointments so that airborne particles have time to settle and we can clean. To help with this we’ve also installed high-powered ventilation systems. This means we cannot see quite as many patients in a day as we did before coronavirus so you may need to wait a little longer for an appointment.
At your appointment
- On arrival please ring the doorbell. You will be greeted by staff who will ask you some questions, take your temperature and ask you to sanitise your hands. You will need to wear a face covering.
- You will then be excorted to the waiting area.
- All staff will wear full PPE for your procedures. This can sometimes cause communication problems so If you do have any hearing difficulties, please let us know on arrival.
- You will be asked to attend the practice alone unless you are chaperoning a child (or vulnerable adult). You will also not be able to bring in shopping bags or other personal items.
- Payment is contactless where possible.
After your appointment
Once your treatment is complete, you will be asked to leave the building via a different exit. This will allow our dental team to clean the waiting areas ready for the arrival of the next patient.