We will now offer existing patients the opportunity to access Urgent Triage and Urgent Care face to face appointments. These face to face appointments will require telephone triage with a Dental Practitioner.
Please be aware that our service will be dramatically reduced to ensure that we can safely adhere to social distancing guidance and to ensure that we can effectively decontaminate our clinics to HTM105 standards.
New processes to be aware of:
- We will now take payments over the telephone via contactless card payments before your appointments.
- We will ask you to wait in your car before your appointment; you will be called to attend the practice on your mobile phone when the waiting area is safe for you to attend
- You will be asked to attend the practice alone, unless you are chaperoning a child (or vulnerable adult). You will also not be able to bring in shopping bags or other personal items
- You will be asked by a member of the dental team to sanitise your hands at a station upon arrival and your temperature will be taken using a digital thermometer (distanced)
- Our dental staff may need to use a higher level of Personal Protective equipment to carry out your treatment. Please don’t let this alarm you, this is protect you and our staff.
- Once your treatment is complete, you will be asked to leave the building via a different exit. This will allow our dental team to effectively clean the waiting areas ready for the arrival of the next patient.
Please note: City Health Dental Services are unable to offer routine dental care at this time.