All routine, non-urgent dental care including orthodontics have been postponed in line with national guidance.
If you have an urgent problem please contact your registered practice where you will be triaged with advice, analgesia and anti-microbial (prescriptions for antibiotics) where appropriate.
Urgent Dental Care hubs are now set up across Hull and The East Riding, but are still in their infancy. Referrals can now be accepted but must meet stringent referral criteria for patients to access appointments at these sites. If you feel that you meet the requirements, please contact your local site.
These referral criteria include:
- Swelling of your gum, cheek or face which is spreading
- Excruciating pain which is causing a lack of sleep or concentration
- Mouth ulcers which haven’t healed after two weeks
- Recently had a tooth extraction and are experiencing bleeding which lasts more than 20 minutes, and can’t be stopped
- Been following self-help advice for your problem but the pain is getting worse
- Knocked-out a tooth or other dental trauma